Thursday, February 9, 2012

It's February!!

February is always a tough month for me.  The 11th is MicKenzie's Heaven birthday, this is the 12th one.  I had my "bury my head" in the sand and ignore it all week or two.  Now I'm trying to join the land of the living.  I did make it to the doctor finally!!  Got my thyroid meds!!  We are slowly pulling me off of Seroquel and onto Topamax.  Oh man, that's scary as it is.  But Topamax has this wonderful side effect of making carbonated beverages taste like rotten a$$!  Okay, I'm a Diet Dr. Pepper finatic.  We're talking 2-3 44oz'rs a day!!  Not anymore! That is just not a taste I can "get used to".  I finally got to get my car parts.  Just in time for winter weather to hit.  Dang it!!  Tax return didn't go as far as I wanted it to, which meant no fun money for James or I.  No stitchy buying.  Bummed, but got a lot of bills off our backs.  I finally found the missing bobbin of thread for Ty's "A Beautiful Wolf" and will start on it tomorrow.  I've been working on "A Home is Made" in the meantime.  I made a SMALL counting error, but being pyramid shaped, it led to a huge stitching error.  I still think it turned out okay.  I got my new camera in today and I'm trying to get used to it.  But here is a pic of it so far:
See the rustish color in the middle there?  Yeah, it's supposed to be 1 column of that color, instead I got 5.  I think it looks okay though :)  I do love the colors...so nice and warm.  The flash washed the color out a little and you can't see the white thread.  I'll have to play with the camera tomorrow.  Well, that's it for now stitch world!  Stay safe, stay warm!!!
Shanda

2 comments:

  1. I think A Home is Made will be okay with the extra rows...I too really like the colors. Looks like you are coming along on the Wolf.Its going to be really pretty when finished. Hope that the topomax works for you and that you can get your soda taste buds back ! I am sure you will be happy when the car is done ! hugs..Linda J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the colors in this piece. Hope you get your car fixed soon.

    ReplyDelete