Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Terrible Tuesday

Holy cow the week is not starting off good! James was trying to fix our kitchen faucet as it was getting difficult to shut off. It is a cheapy that the landlord put in and the handle broke 3 days after he did. We are really not that rough on our stuff. Anyway, he did something, I hear "oh crap" and Tyler telling me not to look. Yep, water shooting up to the ceiling. The shut off valves wouldn't turn so we had to go outside and turn the whole house water off. Got it put back together, but now it steadily streams. I sure hope the landlord fixes it tomorrow so my water bill won't run up!! To add insult to injury, the modem for the internet was on the window sill above the sink. Yep, it's fried!! Then I go to call my mom on my cell and it's not working!! Holy cow!! That better not be the way the rest of the week is going to go!

On a good note, the "blizzard" that was supposed to hit us swirled all around us. Luckily it didn't hit us. We got a smattering of snow, but not much.

Now Monday the week started off great. I got a gift of a ton of coffee packs from my mom and they are delicious. I also got some Christmas money from my auntie. I paid a bill with part. Then I ordered PC Stitch 10 for myself! I'm so excited!! I also got a year subscription to Just Cross Stitch magazine. I feel very spoiled!! Saturday I got in the thread I ordered from 123 Stitch for Ty's "A Beautiful Wolf". I started going back in a filling in the blanks from the areas I didn't have the thread color, but tonight just went too crazy. I had to put it up. Also, Saturday hubby spoiled me and took me to Joann's. I got a cross stitch magazine with included projects that I had been wanting really bad. I picked up a couple of these cardboard/magnetic needle holders and tried to use them today. Do not like them at all, thank goodness they were cheap. I think I'll wait and get the one that you stick the needles into. I know the beautiful wolf uses about 15 different thread colors. My poor couch arm rest turns into my needle/thread cushion. It's okay until one of the dogs jump on it and scatter everything!! I also ordered my first piece of evenweave from 123stitch. I have a specific project for it but won't start it till I finish "A Beautiful Wolf".

I also got my laptop back this week! I've been enjoying playing my facebook game again. Been playing that more than stitching the last few days. Shame on me!! No pics today, but I will try and post some soon!

Shanda

4 comments:

  1. You have had a lot of ups and downs this week! Hope it ends on the up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shanda, Sounds like a week I had, sure hope all is better now...Just love you early Christmas Gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness, what a wild day! Maybe you just got all the badness in one dose; we will hope so!

    I hope the rest of your week goes better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope that you get your faucet fixed and your cell phone. Glad to see you posting again.

    ReplyDelete